SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CURRY
A heart chickpea curry made using sweet potato and served with wholegrain rice & lime wedges. This is the perfect option for a simplified nutritious curry, which takes very little time and is ready in just five simple steps.
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, high in fibre
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp organic green or yellow curry paste
1 medium sweet potato, cubed
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tin (240g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Salt, to taste
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat oil in a cooking pan. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes or until translucent, stirring frequently.
2. Add garlic and ginger and cook for one more minute, stirring continuously.
3. Add curry paste, sweet potato, crushed tomatoes and coconut milk. Mix well and bring to simmer. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
4. Add chickpeas, cover and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
5. Remove from the heat, taste and add salt if necessary. Serve with wholegrain rice, fresh coriander and lime wedges.
Recipe & photography by Magda Tymczyj