SWEET POTATO TOAST
Sweet potato toast has become increasingly popular, particularly for those who would like an unprocessed, gluten & wheat free alternative to regular toast. Read on to learn our top tips on how to make it as well as some delicious topping ideas.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO TOAST
1) Cut your sweet potato into slices (around the thickness of a thin slice of toast).
2) You can put them into the toaster raw, however they will need to be toasted multiple times. Instead, we recommend baking a large batch in the oven for around 20-25 minutes at 200°C. Then you can keep them in the fridge ready to toast whenever you fancy a slice.
TOP TIP: Prior to baking, season your sweet potato toasts with your choice of herbs and spices. We like to use paprika, Himalayan sea salt and a dash of olive oil.
OUR TOP FLAVOUR COMBOS
1) Peanut butter, banana slices & cinnamon
2) Smashed avocado, fresh lime & chilli flakes
3) Tahini, cinnamon, chopped figs & maple syrup
4) Hummus, sliced tomatoes & black pepper
Photography: Magda Tymczyi
Author: Sasha Paul, Dip NNT, mNNA, CNHC