We all know that dark chocolate is the healthier option, but why buy highly processed chocolate at all when it is so incredibly easy and quick to make at home! Not to mention the fact that you will be avoiding unnecessary emulsifiers & additives commonly found in store-bought chocolate!
Refined sugar free.
168 Kcal per portion.
No emulsifiers/artificial ingredients.
Rich source of magnesium & antioxidants.
- 25g cacao butter
- 15g cacao powder
- 15g coconut sugar
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- 5-10 roasted pecans (optional topping)
Add your favourite toppings and make it your own, anything goes!
1) Over a pan of simmering water melt the cacao butter in a bowl.
2) Once melted turn the heat off and add the coconut sugar mixing together in the bowl.
3) Using a whisk mix in the cacao powder and salt.
4) Take the bowl off the saucepan and leave to cool slightly.
5) Line a square mould (or whatever shape you want to use, you can use anything, even a plate/bowl) with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
To make chocolate with pecans refer to step 6B, otherwise follow step 6A!
6A) Refrigerate until set. If your fridge is cold enough this can be as quick as 20 minutes! So... make it before dinner and by the time you are finished your chocolate will be ready to eat!
6B) Roast 10 pecans (5-10 minutes at 180C) and whizz them in a food processor/Nutri bullet for a couple of seconds. Place the chocolate mixture in the fridge for a few minutes. Sprinkle the ground pecans over the top and place back in the fridge until set.
Servings per recipe = 2 servings
Calories: 168 Kcal